Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Decemberists


For those of you who have taken advantage of my Playlist, located at the bottom of my blog, you might have heard a few amazing songs done by The Decemberists. If so, I hope you are enjoying their fantastic melodies and lyrics with unique story lines. Wes first turned me onto this band. Right away I feel in love with The Decemberists. I had never heard a band that took such care writing their lyrics. Each one has an in depth story with such unique characters that I still am amazed that they have been able to put out as many CDs as they have. Recently they came out with their new CD, entitled The Hazards of Love, and all the songs intertwine with one another to create one long and story. I included my favorite music video of The Decemberists below so that you can get a taste of this brilliant band and, as I mentioned before, you can also find some of their songs on my Playlist. Perhaps you will fall just as deeply in love with this band as I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment