Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Little Town Tea's Book Corner


Sophia Kinsella's book, Can You Keep a Secret?, was one of the fantastic books that traveled with me on my trip to Hawaii. Sophia Kinsella, author of the Shopaholic books, The Undomestic Goddess, and Remember Me?, writes with such perfectly timed humor that you will find yourself cracking up every time you turn the page. Although I am a fan of her Shopaholic books, the ones I have read anyway, I found Can You Keep a Secret? on a whole new level of wit. This particular book is about a woman named Emma Corrigan who works at Panther Cola, has a perfect boyfriend, and is hoping to get a promotion. She is a successful woman who gets by in her life by keeping secrets. One day, however, she sits next to a very handsome man on a business flight and when the plane hits some turbulence she spills all her secrets. After Emma gets off the flight, a little shaky and embarrassed, she cheers herself up by reminding herself that all of her deepest secrets were spilled to a mere stranger, a man she will probably never see again. Emma puts the incident behind her, that is until she goes to work the next day to find that mere stranger in her office and that he is the CEO of Panther Cola.
This is a book that will make your sides ache from laughter. I promise that you will want to keep turning the pages to see what happens next. I bought this book for my mom for Mother's Day last year and she loved it. So, whether you are looking for a book for yourself or are trying desperately to find the perfect gift, I recommend buying Can You Keep a Secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment