Friday, April 10, 2009

Baby Ducks


Although I am cursed with terrible allergies that cause the roof of my mouth to itch, my eyes to water, and my nose to drip, I love this time of year because of the baby ducks that begin to appear all over campus. When I was just a young lass, my dad would buy me a baby duck or two every spring. There was nothing like cuddling up to the little yellow and black balls of fluff. They would follow me all around the house and we would be best friends. At one time we had over twenty full size ducks at my house. Seeing these little baby ducks in all of the ponds throughout my lovely campus reminds me of my childhood and my little ducklings that have since passed away. So, make sure you enjoy this time of year. Go grab a bag of bread, find a pond with little chirping baby ducks, and give them some bite size pieces of bread, even if there are glaring signs not to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment