Saturday, April 11, 2009

Snail Mail


One of my favorite past times is writing letters. There is nothing like sitting down with a mug full of hot green tea, finding the right pen, rummaging through a box full of different stationary, picking the perfect one, and writing a letter. Unfortunately, I have difficulty putting the time aside for one of my favorite hobbies and only perform the task once in a blue moon, but when I begin writing I don't just write one letter. Last week I found myself in the mood to write. I turned on Joni Mitchell, made some tea, lighted a pumpkin spice scented candle and wrote three letters, including one with drawings and complete bios of my fictional pirate crew of the "Dirty Mermaid." Not only is writing letters enjoyable, it is so much more personal than receiving an e-mail or writing on someone's facebook wall. So, when you are listening to some good music and find your hand wanting to move and your mouth thirsting for the taste of tea, pick out the right pen, go through your box of collected stationary that you have picked up throughout the years, pick the right one, and write a letter.

1 comment:

  1. Adventures of Frog and Toad are the best! Yes, letters are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete