Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Little Town Tea's Book Corner


Fannie Flagg is one of my favorite authors. The books I most adore by this author are Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, which was later adapted into a movie, and Can't Wait to Get to Heaven. Her books have a small town southern style that always makes me feel at home. Each and everyone of her characters are memorable and seem to just jump right out of the page. She takes her time to add all the little details that give the reader a perfect visual of the setting of the story and the characters who are in it. If you haven't read a Fannie Flag book you should go pick one up today. If I were you, I would start with Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. It is one of my favorite books and is perfect to snuggle up with on a Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Last week I put Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe on hold at the library! Now I can't wait to read it : )

    ReplyDelete