Saturday, April 18, 2009

Early to Bed, Early to Rise



Although I am a 22 year old college student, I love getting up early. I wake up between 4:30-5:00 in the morning. After brushing my teeth, I make my bed and begin stretching for my morning run. After my run, I take a shower, eat breakfast, and begin my day before most people are even opening their eyes. I love being awake at a time most people aren't. I am most aware of my quite surroundings when I am running. As I run past my apartment building, all the windows are dark and even the ducks are sound asleep. It is such a peaceful time of day. By nine or ten o'clock I have finished most of the tasks I have set aside for the day. By this time I go to class, if I have class for that day. If I don't have class, I spend the rest of the day doing things for myself, such as writing on my blog, reading a book, watching a movie, working on George and Paul, or taking a nice afternoon nap. To me, being an early riser is bliss.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, early morning peacefulness is unexplainable.I love it, I have done it a couple of times, although i love to sleep-in better than waking up early. :)

    lol.. I am nocturnal.. a little bit of both if my alarm clock will work.

    ReplyDelete